Today's Scripture

Actiive Topics

The Lighthouse Christian Forum needs YOU, yes YOU, we are looking for new members to take part in this interactive and supportive forum - Unlike many Christian forums we do not spend time debating doctrines etc but exist to give believers in Yeshua (Jesus) a safe haven to share fellowship and intercede for each other. We publish devotionals daily and you are welcome to add your insights on these (Even as a guest) though posts made by non members are subject to approval before appearing on the forum. We also publish current affairs new stories in order that we can pray for the world in which we live

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

Come and be part of our forum family and support fellow belivers in their daily walk with G-d

To register Click Here

The Living Room

Fahrenheit: Celsius: Kelvin:

Pete
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Welcome to the Living Room of our New Home

There are a couple of nifty features you may find useful in our new home including

<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>[big][/big]</code></blockquote> <blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>[small][/small]</code></blockquote> use these to change the size of text

<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>BG Color</code></blockquote> shows a number of colors here are examples

Yeshua Is L-rd Yeshua Is L-rd

If you want to post a YouTube Video simply post the Full url and the video will display once the post is submitted with no need for a BBCode

Posting links is easier to press <blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>URL</code></blockquote> A box will appear for you to enter or paste the url then another box will appear marked MY WEBSITE - replace MY WEBSITE with the title of the website.

In general it's much easier to use than where we were previously&#33;&#33;"
Last edited by Pete on Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Pete

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Wed May 17, 2017 7:29 pm

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

ckristoff

The Living Room

Post by ckristoff » Sun May 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello Pete,

thank you for the introduction, to this new Lighthouse forum. Thank you also for sharing the video above. This song has blessed me over the years&#33; When I log on, hopefully later on, I'll print off the advice you've given above.

How do we post photos on here? As you might remember, I had difficulty doing this because, I could never remember how to do it.

Lately, with my walking hobby, I've spent too much time on facebook, talking with my walking friends. They a friendly bunch of people, who support one another. Although they frown on it, there are some Christians on there which is brilliant, but I have to behave.

But on my FB page, I'm sure you notice, that I share as much Christian content as I come across&#33; It is my prayer that I shall be able to support the forum, better than I have in the last couple years.

Frank. :daff:
Pete

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Sun May 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Frank, very easy to add images without having to upload them to Photobucket first

Use Add Reply or New Topic and underneather the Posting Window you'll see a button marked <blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>Add image to post</code></blockquote> click on that and select the image. It will upload the image and place the code in post automatically. Here is the link to the Personal Photographs forum

Here an example using this feature

This option will never stretch the page as it produces a thumbnail which is fully clickable - You can also use the Attachments but with that there is a 200kb limit.

Here is another image - quite a large one of a sunset

Pete

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Sun May 21, 2017 7:21 pm

You can also still use Photobucket etc though I find the most useful is http://tinypic.com - You can register but can also upload images without registering.

They will provide the standard BBCode or you can prem <blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><code>Image</code></blockquote> In the BBCode list A box will open for you to add the full url - Press OK and it's posted (<big>NO MORE PUTTING THINGS IN BRACKETS</big>)

ckristoff

The Living Room

Post by ckristoff » Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello Pete, :huggg:

thank you so much, for these instructions - I've printed them off, because I'm thick&#33; :hippo:

I'll give it a go sometime.

You must be over the moon, with Chelsea having won the Premier League&#33; What a difference to last season.

I'm hoping LFC step up to the plate next season, with a bit more style than they showed this season.

Frank. :daff:
Pete

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Yes, at least you beat Arsenal and qualify for the Champions League :party:

just_jen2

The Living Room

Post by just_jen2 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 pm

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I see you found us a home on the Beach. I can look right out the window at that beautiful Sunset&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now ...going too walk on the beach&#33; lol
Pete

The Living Room

Post by Pete » Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>just_jen2</dt><dd>May 25 2017, 09:32:38 PM</dd></dl><div>WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I see you found us a home on the Beach. I can look right out the window at that beautiful Sunset&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now ...going too walk on the beach&#33; lol [/quote]Wish I could see the sea out of that window, can just about see some trees in the park but the view has been obscured somewhat by a new housing complex on the edge of our Housing Estate lol1

We are in the grip of some high temperatures at the moment, well at least hot for us average Daytime at the moment around 76F and quite warm and sticky at night making sleeping a little tricky. "Open the window" you say - All great until the moths and bees take up the opportunity to see what I'm watching on TV lol1

Brad

The Living Room

Post by Brad » Sat May 27, 2017 8:06 am

Hey guys, how is it going, i didn't see an intro section so here i am, and nice to meet you all
Imgzb