Today's Scripture

Stand For Israel

Actiive Topics

If you are reading this forum as a Guest/Non Member you may post in the majority of PUBLIC forums but posts will be subject to approval before appearing

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

To register Click Here

Devotions.Net Devotional 16th May 2018

Online Bible and Study Tools

Pete
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Devotions.Net Devotional 16th May 2018

Post by Pete » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 pm

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. (Matthew 6:12 NRSV)

In the Lord's Prayer in the 6th Chapter of Matthew, Jesus urges us to ask for forgiveness. "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

I remember a story about a man who said to his minister, "Preacher, I can't pray that prayer. I can't pray that prayer because there's somebody I don't want to forgive. As the pastor listened to this man, he discovered that this man had been holding a grudge against another man for thirty years. The man said, "I will not be able to pray that prayer until I first get even with this man who hurt me thirty years ago." The minister said, "Why this is old, and he may die anytime. What if he dies before you get even?" He said, "Then I'll take it out on his son."

An unforgiving spirit is bitterness. Forgiveness is sweet, but an unforgiving spirit is bitterness. Jesus taught us the way to live is the way of forgiveness. Jesus practiced forgiveness Himself. I remember one time the scripture tells us about four men bringing a man who was paralyzed to Jesus. The room was filled, and so they took off the tiles of the roof, and they let the man down into the presence of Jesus. Jesus healed the man, and then He said, "Your sins are forgiven."

Ask, and you will find the sweetness of forgiveness!
God of forgiveness, help me to know the joy of forgiveness. In Jesus name, Amen.
Ron Newhouse LInk To Devotional

Help Feed the Hungry | Help Promote Devotions.Net
| Home | Bible | Devotions | Humor | Visitors
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Imgzb