Submit Confidential Prayer Requests

Actiive Topics

Devotions.Net Devotional 14th June 2018

Online Bible and Study Tools

Pete
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Devotions.Net Devotional 14th June 2018

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom for the future. (Proverbs 19:20 NRSV)

There is a good story about a husband and wife who had walked out on a long dock extending into the Mississippi River. As they stood there, looking at the vastness of that great river, they heard running footsteps behind them. Here came a man running as fast as he could toward the end of the dock. They stepped back as he passed them going full speed. At the end of the dock he increased his speed, gave a mighty yell and took a flying leap toward the opposite bank. He went about fifteen feet and splashed into the water.

Alarmed, the couple raced out to the end and fished the man out of the water. "What in the world are you doing?" the woman asked the man when he was safely on the dock.

Panting and spitting water, he said, "A man up there on the hill just bet me a million to one I couldn't jump across the Mississippi River. I couldn't stand there and think about those odds without at least trying it."

In today's world, no one should be foolishly and overly optimistic. This will always be a hard, cruel world. Before you start a new business, talk to a good accountant. Before you risk your fortune on a dream, make certain that you have considered every possible eventuality. Before you jump into the unknown, get all the advice you can. Still, as people of faith, we should not fear the future. After all, the future belongs to God.

Dear God, my future is in your hands. In Jesus name, Amen.
Ron Newhouse

Link To Devotional

Help Feed the Hungry | Help Promote Devotions.Net
| Home | Bible | Devotions | Humor | Visitors
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

Psalm 100: 1-4

[center]"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible[/center]