Today's Scripture

Actiive Topics

If you are reading this forum as a Guest/Non Member you may post in the majority of PUBLIC forums but posts will be subject to approval before appearing

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

To register Click Here

Love Your Enemies - Bible Devotional 13th July 2018

Online Bible and Study Tools

Pete
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Love Your Enemies - Bible Devotional 13th July 2018

Post by Pete » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Love Your Enemies

MATTHEW 5:44 NKJ 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

"Love your enemies? What kind of advice is that? How can you have enemies, if you act in love toward them?"

Good point.

Why would anyone want to have enemies? Do you?

God's instructions, if acted upon, will make friends out of enemies. Think how much better the world would be then.

God can, and does, love His enemies. He proved it. No matter what they did to Jesus, He never quit walking in love.

But it may be impossible for a normal human to love their enemies -- without God's help. Fortunately, God's help is available!

No matter how hard it seems, you can love those who have hurt you. If it was not possible, God would not command us to do it. Of course, to be successful at it, we need to call on the Lord and receive His help.

"But why should I love my enemies?" You should know it is the best thing for you to do, just because God said it. It benefits you as well as the one who wronged you.

You have two basic choices when someone does you wrong. Do wrong back to them. Or, return good for evil.

If you fight back, then they will have a valid excuse to continue mistreating you. Is that what you want? If not, then the intelligent choice is to stop the vicious cycle by returning good for evil. Love your enemies until they become your friends.

SAY THIS: I can, and will, love everyone with God's help.

To give: http://aDevotion.org/give

Devotions in book form: http://CFApublications.com
To hear audio teachings by the author of this devotional, click here.

Copyright © 2018 ChurchForAll, All rights reserved.
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Imgzb