Today's Scripture

Actiive Topics

The Lighthouse Christian Forum needs YOU, yes YOU, we are looking for new members to take part in this interactive and supportive forum - Unlike many Christian forums we do not spend time debating doctrines etc but exist to give believers in Yeshua (Jesus) a safe haven to share fellowship and intercede for each other. We publish devotionals daily and you are welcome to add your insights on these (Even as a guest) though posts made by non members are subject to approval before appearing on the forum. We also publish current affairs new stories in order that we can pray for the world in which we live

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

Come and be part of our forum family and support fellow belivers in their daily walk with G-d

To register Click Here

Fresh Devotional Christianity Works 12th January 2019

Online Bible and Study Tools

Pete
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Fresh Devotional Christianity Works 12th January 2019

Post by Pete » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Proverbs 16:9: People can plan what they want to do, but it is the LORD who guides their steps.

I have no doubt that right now, you have some plans, hopes and dreams for your life. And in your estimation, they’re good. Very good. Problem is, not all of them are going to turn out the way you’d hoped.

We all have plans and hopes and dreams reaching into the future, imagining how we want things to be, especially at this time of year, right?

In fact, that hoping and dreaming, having things to look forward to, is incredibly important to our wellbeing.

But things don’t always turn out the way we’d hoped. Dreams don’t always come to fruition, the way we’d imagined. I remember a time in my life when all my hopes and dreams lay shattered on the floor. It was a quarter of a century ago, but to this day it remains singularly the most devastating thing that’s ever happened to me.

When our hopes and dreams don’t come to fruition, it’s not easy. During that difficult time for me, I stumbled across this powerful passage that really helps to put all that into perspective:

Proverbs 16:9 People can plan what they want to do, but it is the LORD who guides their steps.

We can only see the past and what’s happening to us right now. But God, this God who loves us enough to send Jesus to die so that we could have a new life, He is the Lord of the past, the present and the future.

I had a long journey of suffering to travel through all those years ago, but I wouldn’t be here with you today, if I hadn’t been on that journey. When your plans go awry, when your plans go off the rails, when your hopes and dreams are shattered, remember this – it is the Lord who is guiding your steps. And He knows what He’s doing.

That’s God’s Word. Fresh … for you … today.

Copyright © 2019 Christianityworks, All rights reserved.
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

Psalm 100: 4

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
]1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Imgzb